Die Formed Flexible Graphite Rings John Tomme 2016-12-29T09:16:33+00:00
A partially compressed ring. Fold, which appears in pre-forming, is not significant and will disappear when ring is compressed in stuffing box.
Pattern of folds (opened for illustration) assures uniform distribution of thermal expansion and thermal conductivity, as well as maximum resilience.
THE EFFICIENT METHOD FOR VALVE STEM PACKING
THE BENEFITS OF DIE-FORMED
• Individually formed to meet your specific dimensions.
• Slight interference fit to bore and stem to insure a tight seal.
• Less waste than conventional coils of packing.
• No need to pull old packing out. Simply add ring when needed.
• Each ring molded to 85 lb. per cu. foot.
• Even distribution of work load to each ring.
Note: For clearances greater than .020 between stem and stuffing box, EPM suggests a single ring of EPM-7777 braided graphite packing in bottom of stuffing box as an anti-extrusion ring.
LAMINATED FLEXIBLE GRAPHITE RINGS
EPM can also furnish packing rings fabricated from layers of flexible graphite sheet. Because these ring sets do not have the compressibility and resilience of our pre-formed rings, equipment dimensions and equipment conditions are critical. An EPM representative should be consulted. Unlike pre-formed rings, heat conductivity and expansion characteristics are very directional with these packing rings.
112 W Burke St.
Stockbridge, GA 30281